TP-Link has been in the networking hardware industry from a very long time. They produce some of the best networking hardware and accessories such as routers, adaptors, extenders and more. Their routers need to be logged in for the user to be able to secure their network and gain access to the advanced features of the router. Some of the advanced features include Guest Networks, Parental Controls, Media Prioritization, Network Speed Test, to change the username and password for your networks, to update the firmware of the router and more. The login process is very simple and it only takes a couple of minutes of the user’s time. The user can simple open any internet browser on the device that is connected to the router and type www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar. The user will then be prompted to enter the default information regarding the router. For most of the TP-Link routers, the default username and password is “admin” for both the cases. The username and password are case sensitive.
What is a firmware?
The firmware is basically the Operating Software of the router. It is booted up every time the router is started and it initiates the rest of the processes. It is the software that runs the hardware on the device that it is installed on. It is very important to keep the firmware up to date to make sure that the router is compatible with the rest of the latest media devices as well as the security is up to date. The firmware is responsible for all the actions performed on the router. It is very important to make sure that the firmware is kept up to date. The firmware update process is very easy and it only takes a couple of minutes of the user’s time. All the sensitive information of the user passes through the router such as their emails and passwords, their private information, their banking information when they buy something online and more. It is very important to keep the firmware of the router up to date. The new firmware might also add some new features to the router as well as provide overall enhanced speed boosts.
What is the www.tplinkwifi.net domain?
The www.tplinkwifi.net is the web domain name that is used to access the login page for the TP-Link routers. Earlier, the users had to search for the default IP address specific to their routers and then login. Seeing how this was a little hard for people to use, TP-Link came up with a solution. They now ship their routers preconfigured to use the web domain www.tplinkwifi.net instead of the default IP addresses for the routers. The users can still access the login page for their routers using the default IP address but TP-Link has provided every one with an easy yet universal solution. Once accessed, the user needs to enter the default information regarding their routers. The default username and password are “admin” for most of the TP-Link routers. The username and password are case sensitive.
Can’t access the firmware update?
Sometimes people cannot access the firmware update page or they have trouble in updating the firmware of their router. We help the users understand their router better by providing the step by step process to update the firmware of the TP-Link router after successfully logging in to the router first.
Here are the steps to login to the TP-Link routers:
- Connect the desktop computer to any of the LAN ports of the router using the Ethernet cable. It is recommended that the initial setup is done with the help of a desktop computer. Make sure the connections are made properly.
- Now, connect the modem to the WLAN port of the router using another Ethernet cable. Make sure the connections are made properly.
- Switch off the modem, router and the desktop computer and switch them on. Wait for all the devices to finish booting up.
- Open up an internet browser of your choice and type www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar and press enter. A login page will display.
- When the login page has displayed, it will prompt you to type in the default information for your router. The default username and password are “admin” for both cases. If the user cannot access the Quick Setup via the default password, then there is a chance that the user might have changed the password. Try logging in with any other passwords. If that fails too, then the router needs to be reset in order to restore it back to its factory default settings.
- After you have logged in, the Quick Setup will display. Click Next to start personalizing your network as you desire.
Here are the steps to update the firmware of the TP-Link router:
- Download the latest firmware for your router from the TP-Link support site. Make sure that the model number of your router is correct.
- Save the downloaded file on the desired location on your device.
- Now, open an internet browser and type www.tplinkwifi.net in the address bar. Press enter. The user will be prompted to enter the default information regarding the router.
- The default username and password is “admin” for both the cases. The username and password are case sensitive.
- Once you have logged in, the Quick Setup will appear. Click the System Tools.
- You will see the Firmware Update option on the left side of the screen. Click Browse to look for the previously downloaded file.
- Click the Update button to begin the update process. The firmware update usually takes only a couple of minutes of the user’s time.
Once the router has been updated, the router will reboot itself. Do not interrupt the firmware update process or unplug the router from the power source as it may corrupt the firmware of the router and may even render it unusable.
- tp link router firmware upgrade
- tp link router software download
- tp link firmware upgrade
- tp link router firmware
- tp link wireless driver download
- tp link installation software
- tp link usb wifi driver
- tp link router